The Director of Operations - Radiology is a regional executive who insures organizational operational, financial and sales goals are met within a designated territory for Mobile, Fixed and Joint Venture sites estimated at between $40M and $70M in revenue. The DO has full P&L responsibility and is responsible for delivering year-over-year net revenue growth and profitability in a designated territory. This includes: strategic planning and execution, driving operational excellence, managing territory business growth, managing same-store growth and logistics optimization. The DO will also work with the Vice President of Operations on the identification, planning, management and coordination of various operational initiatives and tactical plans, tracking operations performance against key performance indicators (and metrics) and coaching/mentoring Managers of Operations personnel to ensure optimum team performance.
Director of Operations
Covers New England Region to include: New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Maine and some of MA
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Works in conjunction with the Vice President of Operations on the development and delivery of the Territory’s operations budget, the monitoring of Territory operations performance and forecast to budget and the review of Territory P&L performance
- Develops and implements Territory operational plans designed to impact performance trends favorably; analyzes and identifies opportunities to increase operational efficiencies tied to cost-control/improved bottom-line performance and standardizes best practices across the territory.
- Supports the Vice President of Operations/Sr. Director of Operations in building long-term strategic operations plans to drive operational excellence; leads Patient, Customer and Team Member satisfaction initiatives, balances Territory’s resources to ensure effective implementation and execution of key initiatives, tracks and reports performance/progress to Senior Management.
- Manages operations team performance, analyzes individual and team performance against key performance indicators and metrics, fosters an environment of candor and collaboration to address performance deficiencies and provides coaching/mentoring to ensure the highest levels of individual and team performance.
- Supports Operations Team through partnership with sales on strategic account management related to “at risk” customers; supports Local Area Teams (LAT), ops and sales teams in developing solutions tailored to meet the short and long-term needs of customer; ensures Territory is exceeding its budgeted customer retention rate.
- Leads Operations Team through partnership with sales on strategic account planning activities; supports Team to cultivate consultative relationships with hospital C-level in the identification of mobile to fixed conversion opportunities and opportunity to add new service lines.
- Ensures logistics optimization and owns LAT asset management. Facilitates coordination of assets in conjunction with Logistics and Operations teams. Oversees customer routing and restructures as appropriate. Monitors asset repairs and maintenance costs and develops appropriate action plans. Partners with LAT operations and logistics teams to monitor equipment performance, to address service issues, and to ensure maximum service levels.
- Maintains Territory regulatory compliance; monitors changes in applicable laws and regulations (OSPOD, OSHA, Joint Commission, NRC, DHS, ACR and/or other governing bodies), ensures Territory compliance with Territory’s quality and safety programs; ensure the highest standards of patient care.
- Responsible for full HR lifecycle: recruiting, hiring, performance management, talent development, and termination of Manager of Operations personnel. Partners with LAT operations, where appropriate on staff actions related to performance or business needs. Other special projects/duties as assigned by Senior Management.