Come join our team! This is a full time position, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. We are seeking an experienced Medical Assistant who can learn about our procedures and be able to handle triaging calls. This eligible for the following benefits:
Summary: Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Maintain procedure schedule for providers.
2. Maintain and process orders.
3. Verify procedure benefits and authorization requirements.
4. Contact insurance carriers to obtain prior authorization as required via phone, fax or insurance portal.
5. Load authorizations/referrals in case management within Centricity.
6. Inform provider and patients of status and of authorization denials.
7. Schedule procedures in office or off site facility.
8. Prepare booking sheets.
9. Provide patient with pre and post procedure instructions.
10. Retrieve and return voicemails/emails within four business hours.
11. Import records and authorizations into the patients chart.
12. Audit procedure schedule daily.
13. Collect deposits for procedures scheduled.
Minimum of three (3) years� experience in referrals and authorizations. Proficient in Centricity. Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes. Knowledge of insurances. Good understanding of managed care referral and authorization process. Knowledge of medical terminology/abbreviations. Good computer skills. Good written and oral communications skills. Good customer service skills. Solid organizational skills. Ability to multi-task.