At Alliance Radiology, our team members focus on transforming the patient experience and delivering exceptional quality care. Alliance Radiology has rapidly grown over the past 30 years by providing radiology service line solutions, outpatient center management services, and mobile radiology solutions (Per Diem, PT, and FT MRI, PET/CT, CT).
The Strategic Account Director serves as the primary point of contact on all business development activities for an assigned national/regional hospital system, IDN or Group Purchasing Organization. He/she is primarily responsible for managing the corporate or system-level customer relationship as well as coordinating with the Local Area Teams (LATs) all sales activities within the hospital system to ensure a consistent and reliable customer experience. This includes developing a multi-year strategic growth plan for the assigned national/regional account and ensuring that established annual growth targets are achieved. The Strategic Account Director is responsible for coordinating with the LATs on the execution of all local-level new sales and renewal activities. This may include negotiating agreements directly with the local-level customer or coordinating the successful execution of a customer agreement by leveraging the Account Director or Business Development Director in the respective territory.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages a portfolio of 2 to 4 National or Regional Hospitals, IDNs, Group Purchasing Organizations, or Government Entities. Responsible for creating strategic approaches to growing the business in the portfolio by executing national agreements, creating new sales opportunities and expanding current opportunities in each portfolio account.
- Acts as the primary point of contact with corporate, system-level, and regional executives in each account; uncovers short and long-term customer goals and develops multi-year growth plan to to expand relationship into new markets or introduce new service(s) at existing locations; ensures annual growth targets are achieved.
- Manages system-level customer agreements; monitors system-level performance relative to revenue, profitability, scan volume and customer satisfaction (et al) to ensure services are meeting customer expectations; coordinates and conducts regular business reviews with corporate, system-level, and regional executives; addresses directly or coordinates the responses for any customer concerns.
- Working in conjunction with Director of Operations, the Account Director and the Business Development Director at the LAT, develops a local-level new business and customer retention strategy that aligns with the system-level customer growth plan; prioritizing and allocating resources as appropriate.
- Manages and/or coordinates several complex business development opportunities at various phases of the sales cycle. Follows-through to ensure customer needs are met at each phase, solicits LAT support as needed and ensures each sales opportunity is continually progressing towards closure.
- Responds to growth opportunities identified in your portfolio at the LAT level. Provides guidance and support to the Account Director and the Business Development Director to help them grow their business utilizing identified account strategies, process and protocols. Facilitates access to higher levels of the organization to better facilitate LAT growth strategies
- Leverages the LAT to successfully negotiate new business or renewals, or alternatively works directly at the local customer level to secure the agreement. Ensures local-level agreements comply with the goals/standards set forth in the system-level agreements (pricing, service levels, etc.).
- Coordinates the implementation of customer solutions with the LAT; monitors implementation and customer satisfaction issues and transitions local client relationships to the Local Area Team as appropriate
- May serve as the primary point of contact for all customer operational issues at both the system and local-level depending on the size and scope of the national/regional account.