At Alliance HealthCare Services, our focus is on transforming the customer and patient experience. Vital to our success are the Corporate Team Members who collaborate with clinical, operational, and sales teams in the field. We focus on delivering improved processes, innovative new services, and business solutions that differentiate and advance our comprehensive clinical services—always with our patients’ and customers’ needs in mind.
The Sr. Manager of Financial Reporting & International Consolidations acts as key point of contact for reporting requirements from our primary shareholder in China – fluent language skills in English and Mandarin required. Prepares timely and accurate external and internal financial statements to meet requirements of the Company’s shareholders, lending institutions, and management. Performs day-to-day financial reporting responsibilities related to the Company and subsidiaries. Identifies and proposes strategic improvements to external and internal reports and related processes.
Liaises with the primary shareholder in China and the U.S entity. Creates or streamlines conversion process/templates among US GAAP, IFRS, and China GAAP financial statements. Prepares conversion adjustments to ensure compliance with US GAAP, IFRS, and China GAAP financial statements and disclosures as required.
Serves as resident expert on preparation of financial statements and disclosures under US GAAP, IFRS, and China GAAP.
Manages the audit process and external auditors. Proposes amendments and facilitates change to the Company’s internal control over financial reporting process and any related business processes.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares and distributes monthly financial statements for the Company and subsidiaries, including preparation of the cash flow statement. This includes preparation of financial statements under US GAAP, IFRS, and China GAAP financial statements as required. Prepares US GAAP, IFRS, and China GAAP financial disclosures as required and ensures compliance with published guidance. Identifies and calculates conversion adjustments to prepare financial statements and disclosures under US GAAP, IFRS, and China GAAP. Makes strategic improvements to reports and collaborates with business leaders to ensure reports present relevant information and support key business decisions. Works with FP&A group to address reporting needs supporting annual Plan, ongoing Forecast, and continuing operations.
- Prepares regular quarterly and annual reports for management review while tracking and maintaining supporting documentation from various reporting groups in compliance with the Company’s internal control over financial reporting.. Evaluates new guidance and proposes solutions for compliance. Works with both internal and external parties to ensure accurate and timely reporting. Acts as primary point of contact for reporting requirements from our primary shareholder in China.
- Researches and discusses complex accounting and reporting issues related to significant Company transactions and financial reporting process, as well as prepares memoranda related to complex issues as needed. Clear understanding of differences between US GAAP, IFRS, and China GAAP required. Uses critical thinking to identify appropriate accounting treatment and collaborates with business leaders to ensure favorable accounting treatment where necessary.
- Coordinates interim reviews and annual audit with external auditors, ensuring that accurate support is provided as requested. Explains sources of various financial figures and disclosures to auditors. Documents management’s position through technical memos to support accounting treatment as needed. Coordinates with tax department for quarterly and annual requirements related to the provision, compliance, and various audits as necessary, ensuring that accurate support is provided as requested.
- Coordinates goodwill and asset impairment testing required under authoritative guidance with external valuation specialists. Appropriately documents the Company’s conclusions in technical memos, considering all relevant guidance. Coordinates the audit of impairment testing with external auditors.
- Acts as stock incentive administrator using stock compensation application, ensuring accurate and timely recording of expense and activity in the general ledger. Supports legal team in complying with filing requirements related to stock disclosures.
- Prepares periodic debt covenant calculations and pro-forma financial statements to comply with the Company’s credit facility and other debt arrangements.
- Proposes amendments and facilitates change to the Company’s internal control over financial reporting and any related business processes.
- Support domestic Chinese operations set-up and consolidation into our financial reporting. Advise on technical international consolidation issues and reporting. Assist our shareholder with support for their US expansion with administrative filings and other needs.